Go to a better blog!


You can find a better version of my blog at http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Be sure to read my Key Posts on the admissions process. Topics include essay analysis, resumes, recommendations, rankings, and more.

October 17, 2007

I Guess Columbia Business School is Not Checking Attendance

I just received the following:
10/17/2007

Dear Adam,

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for spending a few hours with our wonderful group of Columbia Business School alumni and with me at our recent reception in Tokyo. It was such a pleasure meeting all of you.

It is very rewarding to travel and meet such bright and talented professionals from all over the globe. I enjoyed the opportunity to share with you the excitement of the Columbia Business School MBA program and experience, and our alumni were thrilled to convey their own personal experiences both on and beyond the Columbia MBA program. I am most excited and proud to be a member of the Columbia Business School community.

I would also like to share with you that we have recently updated our MBA program Class Profile and posted it online for easy download: http://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admissions.

I hope that we will be hearing from many of you in the near future. If we can be of any assistance during the application and admissions process, please don't hesitate to contact our office at (212) 854-1961 or via email: apply@gsb.columbia.edu. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application. Have a wonderful Fall!

Best regards,
Linda B. Meehan

Linda B. Meehan
Assistant Dean for Admissions
and Financial Aid

I did not attend the event. Actually after the Georgetown episode, I decided to see what response I would get as a no-show to the Columbia presentation. The above is what I got. If you want to make an impact on Linda Meehan, I suggest talking to her. Clearly they are not monitoring the attendance too closely. I think that is fine.

Personally, I think there is something strange about the above letter, why if I am being written to personally, am I being considered as part of a group? If I was an applicant, I wouldn't be evaluated that way, would I? Makes me wonder...

Comments, Questions, Corrections: Email me at adammarkus@gmal.com

-Adam Markus
アダム マーカス
MBA留学
Real Time Web Analytics